Latchkey is a before and after school childcare program for students in kindergarten through sixth grade. Our purpose is to provide quality
care for children of working parents in an educational and safe environment. The Madison Local Board of Education recognizes the need for this service and, therefore, is committed to make available this service to the community. Extensive research has been done, and the following information has been determined.
§ Hours of Operation: The Latchkey Program will be open on school days only:
Morning session 6:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m.
Afternoon session 3:20 p.m. to 6:15 p.m.
§ Weather Days: There will be no Latchkey when the school closes due to weather.
§ Delays/Early Dismissal: Service will be available.
- Delays followed by School Closing: Parents will need to make arrangements to pick up their child ASAP after the closing has been announced. A Latchkey attendant will remain with the children until parent/guardian can pick up them up.
§ Parent/Guardian Responsibilities: Registration and Emergency Medical Authorization forms must be completed before your child may attend the program. Forms are available at the Madison Elementary School office. All registration information must be kept up to date.
§ Registration Fee: There will be a $25 registration fee for the first child and an additional $10 for each additional child. If you are registering after February 1, the registration fee is only $10 per child.
- Method of Payment: Payment of fees will be on a weekly basis. Fees must be paid by the Tuesday following the week of services. Fees may be paid by check, money order, or in cash. Checks or money orders are to be made out to the Madison Local School District. Fees will be determined by the amount of days and times per week the Latchkey services will be used by your child/children. The morning and afternoon fees will be based on the following scale:
Child arrives 6:30 a.m – 7:00 a.m. -$7.00 per session
Child arrives 7:00 a.m. - 7:30 a.m. -$6.00 per session
Child arrives 7:30 a.m. – 8:00 a.m. -$5.00 per session
Child arrives 8:00 a.m. - 8:30 a.m. -$4.00 per session
Child leaves between 3:30 p.m. and 3:45 p.m. -$3.00 per session
Child leaves between 3:45 p.m. and 4:15 p.m. -$4.00 per session
Child leaves between 4:15 p.m. and 4:45 p.m. -$5.00 per session
Child leaves between 4:45 p.m. and 5:15 p.m. -$6.00 per session
Child leaves between 5:15 p.m. and 5:45 p.m. -$7.00 per session
Child leaves between 5:45 p.m. and 6:15 p.m. -$8.00 per session
The second child in family enrolled is 50% of the rates stated above.
- Late Fees: If a child is not picked up before 6:15 p.m., a late fee of $5.00 for every fifteen (15) minutes will be added.
Morning drop-off – Children are to be dropped off in the front of the building using entrance #5, and then proceed to the library. Please make sure your child/children are safely inside and sign in before you leave.
Afternoon pick-up – Parents or their designee must come in through entrance #5 to pick up their child/children in the library and sign them out. Designee must be listed on the registration form. Parents/guardians who do not sign their children out will be charged until 6:15 p.m.
- Dress – Weather permitting, the children may go outside. Please keep in mind that our weather is very changeable. Warm coats, hats, gloves, and scarves are a necessity during the winter season. The guidelines for outside recess will apply for Latchkey.
- Activities – Program activities will include arts and crafts, individual and group games, opportunity for quiet reading, story time, homework study, or self directed activities, table games, and much more. We request that your child leave all personal toys (including balls) at home.
- Other Activities - With mutual agreement of the parent/guardian and Latchkey personnel, school children may be permitted to leave the Latchkey program for specific school related activities; for example, sport activities, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, etc. A written note from the parent/guardian is required in advance. A child will not be allowed to leave without a signed note on file.
- Latchkey Rules
- Children must show respect for staff members.
- Children must respect each other as well as property.
- Children must use appropriate language. Inappropriate language will not be tolerated.
The same expectations hold for the Latchkey Program as they do during the regular school day. Disruptive students will not be tolerated. A disruptive student will be given a written warning, with the parent/guardian contacted. A second incident could result in removal from the program.
Food and Snacks – Breakfast will be served through our breakfast program every morning. A Snack will be provided every afternoon at no additional cost as part of the program if your child is in attendance when the snack is served.
Sickness/Illness Policies – The same rules followed by the Madison Local School District will be followed by Latchkey.